Author Topic: RIP Frank Frazetta (OUCH!)  (Read 2439 times)

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
RIP Frank Frazetta (OUCH!)
« on: May 16, 2010, 01:22:47 PM »
SciFi just lost another heavyweight. I don't think I've had one hurt this bad since Forrest J. Ackerman died.  Conan the Barbarian, John Carter of Mars and countless other pulp science fiction novels and comics wouldn't have been the same without his talents on the covers. He was one of those artists whose work really "took you there" and enhanced the story within each book. You don't see work with his stuff's richness anymore.

Official Website
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Re: RIP Frank Frazetta (OUCH!)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 12:31:04 AM »
He looks like he could have been on the cover of many of those novels and comics.

He's got the look of someone that could punch out a werewolf and then light a cigar.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Frank Frazetta (OUCH!)
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 04:57:59 AM »
He looks like he could have been on the cover of many of those novels and comics.

He's got the look of someone that could punch out a werewolf and then light a cigar.

He's got sort of a James Dean meets Clint Eastwood thing going on in that self-portrait. Then again, it is a SELF-portrait, so maybe there's some Gary Stu going on in there?
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"