Author Topic: It seems like it's been forever!  (Read 4803 times)

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
It seems like it's been forever!
« on: September 17, 2009, 07:54:11 PM »
I seldom get to use my computer these days. I work 45 hrs. a week, and after taking care of dinner and everything else, I don't have the energy to argue with a teenager over the use of my computer.  :laugh: It's pointless to argue with teens, b/c they know everything and I'm from the stone age. No, I didn't say stoned age. :P. I'm really sorry I missed so many b'days. Jen, NightOwl, Laughing Man, Mr. Weasel plus so many others. I just giggle at the fact that the villagers that were once considered young are reaching old fart status.  :laugh: It's amazing, the one thing I lived on, has become like a once in awhile thing. Life intervenes:(
Has He@dbyte or Lerk popped in at all? I haven't seen them on the board in many years now. Just out of curiousity, how long have we been around now? This is still the one place I always come to b/c I've known most of you for a very long time. My boss is coming around to the fact that I need a computer at work, so I might be able to pop in a bit more. It's hard looking up info with just a telephone.
How the hell is everyone?
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
Re: It seems like it's been forever!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 10:16:07 PM »
I don't know if I was ever considered young (I was 23 when I joined) but I'm rapidly approaching old fart status.

I think the village was around for about 4 or 5 years before I showed up, so that makes us somewhere around 13 or 14 years old.

And Lerk and Headbyte haven't been around in forever. Particularly Headbyte.

As far as how I'm doing, pretty good. Liz and I have been going out for almost 3 years now. Career's going well. Social life is adequate. I just need to get out of the damn suburbs.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 10:18:27 PM by Hoopy Frood »
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Celest

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 05:44:57 AM »
-schoops up a Tink and snuggles!- hihi

Swash

• Administrator
  • Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Pirate Cap'n
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 03:21:14 PM »
Heya Tink!  Yeah, I think I'm feeling like an old fart...turning 30 this year.  But I'm not allowed to say that's old because my girlfriend's 35, so...yeah...

Amazing how time passes.
I really hope you can drop in more.

So c'mon, what's news with you?

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 08:36:44 PM »
Hey Tink,

Good to see you... old farts indeed. 43 here. Married ten years now.

Haven't seen Lerk and/or Headbyte in ages.

The UV was born in Feb 98, I think,  so that would make us about 11 1/2

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 10:04:52 PM »
Hiya Tink! I miss you bunches!
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Sandru

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 02:20:14 PM »
Damn, I was 18 when this place was born, and I found my internet family. Just had a birthday on the 12th.

Good to see you Tink, it's been a long time! I don't really frequent as much as I used to either, usually a post here or there...nothing like 5-6 years ago though.

Hell, I'm around so seldomly I didn't even get a birthday thread this year lol

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 02:33:08 PM »
Hey Tink!  I still say babe is a term of endearment and not at all derogatory!

Man, there's a fight from half a decade ago.  Life is fun.
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 12:27:47 AM »
I just can't believe it's been almost 10 years since I joined, in Summer 2000 right after my 17th birthday, at the Disney Land Hotel, when several other villagers were there at the same time.
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 12:56:48 AM »
Damn, I was 18 when this place was born, and I found my internet family. Just had a birthday on the 12th.

Good to see you Tink, it's been a long time! I don't really frequent as much as I used to either, usually a post here or there...nothing like 5-6 years ago though.

Hell, I'm around so seldomly I didn't even get a birthday thread this year lol

Well, a belated Happy Birthday to you then!
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

JC

• Wasteland Denizen
  • My Being is Zorg!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2009, 08:33:26 PM »
Hey Tink!  I still say babe is a term of endearment and not at all derogatory!

I used to call men "Babe" at the customer service counter where I worked if they were being assholes.