Author Topic: Pottereh VII or VIII or something (I lost count)  (Read 1410 times)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Pottereh VII or VIII or something (I lost count)
« on: May 14, 2008, 10:07:47 PM »
Only two things I've made recently that turned out well enough to bother posting. This is because A) I haven't made much because I've been feeling very uncreative, B) reason A has made me lazy with glazing

Anyway, I give you the infamous Frog Vase which took something like 4 or 5 high fires to finally get glaze to cover a big patch of bare clay (we don't know why) and a big hand built bowl. The bowl could have been much better if I had spent more time with the glaze and if I had made sure to imprint the pattern on it much deeper in the clay. You can barely see the imprinted design.

"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Pottereh VII or VIII or something (I lost count)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 11:14:17 PM »
i like the blue of the bottom one.

i'm taking a ceramics class starting next week. i'll post some things and then you can feel better about your creativity.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?