Author Topic: Michael Jackson MIGHT be dead.  (Read 7464 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

lara

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Jackson MIGHT be dead.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 01:06:07 AM »
Celeb deaths always come in threes, ed mcmahon, farah fawcett and now jacko.

So looks like my hopes regarding paris hilton have been dashed :/

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 03:20:54 AM »

I always thought it would be suicide. In my mind, this is how I thought it would happen.

Another allegation of abuse, building stress, more financial troubles, stress builds more... until finally he takes a overdose.

I wouldn't WANT that to happen... it's just the way I thought it WOULD happen.

Who knows... maybe it was a suicide? =/
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 04:49:28 AM »
Yea, looks like he's a goner.

Wasn't the biggest fan (although I can admit Thriller is a great album), but he was the face of the early to mid 80's. Kinda sad, in a nostalgic way.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 05:05:55 AM »
Well he obviously had a huge impact on both music and music videos in the 80s.  Personal issues were too numerous to count really and I certainly hope the allegations against him regarding children weren't true. As much as a star as he was it really seems like he lived a very secluded* and lonely life. Tis sad.

*secluded from any real relationships (just for clarity)
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 06:34:11 AM »
Well he obviously had a huge impact on both music and music videos in the 80s.  Personal issues were too numerous to count really and I certainly hope the allegations against him regarding children weren't true. As much as a star as he was it really seems like he lived a very secluded* and lonely life. Tis sad.

*secluded from any real relationships (just for clarity)

It's a shame he didn't die right after Thriller came out, because that would be his legacy: having made the top-selling album of all time.  Instead he'll be remembered as the child-molesting freak who paid a doctor good money to make him look like a leper, married Elvis' daughter, and was so arrogant/naive that he blamed the failure of his abysmal "comeback" album on a conspiracy against him rather than his withered talent.  I'm not saying he shouldn't be remembered for those things, because that's what he ultimately became; (nobody remembers Bob Crane just for Hogan's Heroes, people!) but it's a shame he lived long enough to willingly metamorphose both psychologically and physically into the freakish molesting man-child he did.
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 07:03:09 AM »
It's a shame he didn't die right after Thriller came out, because that would be his legacy: having made the top-selling album of all time.  Instead he'll be remembered as the child-molesting freak who paid a doctor good money to make him look like a leper, married Elvis' daughter, and was so arrogant/naive that he blamed the failure of his abysmal "comeback" album on a conspiracy against him rather than his withered talent.  I'm not saying he shouldn't be remembered for those things, because that's what he ultimately became; (nobody remembers Bob Crane just for Hogan's Heroes, people!) but it's a shame he lived long enough to willingly metamorphose both psychologically and physically into the freakish molesting man-child he did.

We've had conversations like that over here. Basically it boiled down to this: It makes me angry that he just threw his life away. He could have been the new Elvis... no in fact he would have just been Michael with no comparisons.

But now? He's Wacko Jacko with all the stigma that's attached to his life.

Somewhere in another universe, Michael died in the 80's and people are wondering what magnificence he would have created if he just lived.

Still... I did love his music.

Swash

• Administrator
  • Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Pirate Cap'n
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 09:23:54 AM »
Now there's an interesting thought...if Elvis had lived on, would his life have taken a similar path?

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 09:55:40 AM »
Now there's an interesting thought...if Elvis had lived on, would his life have taken a similar path?

I don't know... if he didn't die in 77... 78 was just around the corner. The drugs and the southern cooking would have gotten him soon.

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 05:11:13 PM »
As sad as it is when anyone dies, I don't imagine him having the most happy life in the World. So may he rest in piece.

On the Elvis point, I wouldn't really say that Elvis died in his prime either. The early (polite young man) Elvis isn't really the same person as the later (fat, sweaty) Elvis.

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 05:59:20 PM »
Let's be honest here.  Did ANYONE really want to see Michael Jackson as an old man?

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

Michael Jackson at 2040 Grammy Awards on Earth Beta.

Speaking of Elvis, I can't help but feel bad for Farrah, since Michael's death stole her thunder.  Same thing happened with Elvis and Groucho.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 06:00:54 PM by Loveshack »
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 06:12:55 PM »

Hey, it's a lurker-Lara!  :)
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 11:34:53 PM »
We've had conversations like that over here. Basically it boiled down to this: It makes me angry that he just threw his life away. He could have been the new Elvis... no in fact he would have just been Michael with no comparisons.

if nothing else we do have either a study of what fame can do to a child or a warning for child stars in general.

In case of rapture, can I have your car?

MrWeasel

• Wasteland Denizen
  • God of nekid volleyball and serving wenches
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 07:50:37 PM »
Make that 4s since we can now add Billy Mays to that line up of deaders
Making 3 ppl we sorry to see pass and 1 who should have been shot many years ago
You May Soar with the eagles but Weasels do not get sucked into ramjets! Gotta watch out for the hovercrafts though...

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009, 10:36:25 PM »
Make that 4s since we can now add Billy Mays to that line up of deaders

These things usually come in threes....

BUT IF YOU CALL RIGHT NOW......

Tasteless yes, but Billy would appreciate it.