Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2009  (Read 8911 times)

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: NaNoWriMo 2009
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 01:32:11 AM »
half of the cases of h1n1 dont require a doctor's visit. as long as no underlying condition (or issue with age) is there, you should be fine within the week or so.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 09:27:43 PM »
half of the cases of h1n1 dont require a doctor's visit. as long as no underlying condition (or issue with age) is there, you should be fine within the week or so.

That's the reason I don't get a shot. I'm not in the high risk group. I'm not sure if there are still shortages but Grandma or Baby can have my shot if there are.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 10:13:06 PM »
apparently my age group is the highest risk. one of my professors was talking about how he couldnt get the shot while my school offered it because he is older. i wish i had confirmation on that.

one of my friends was one of the first cases in michigan last may and a week ago someone in class had it. i have a feeling i should worry, but i dont really wanna.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 06:46:17 AM »
Yeah, I'm back in the positive numbers again. Took about 14 days to do that. I was 3085 words behind at my worst. Today I'm 340 words ahead.

The novel is starting to go in directions I didn't anticipate. The Big Bad isn't so bad and didn't even do the crime. The sweet guy is the mean guy. The sarcastic guy is the nice guy. We just don't know it yet.

Only 18,000 more words to go or so.
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2009, 10:48:45 PM »
Awwww... Frak. I fell behind. I'm only about 1000 words behind but still. I wanted a buffer in the case of technical difficulities or changes in time zones. eg. I didn't want to submit at 11:58 and discover I'm 3 hours late.

Anyway. There's a widget that shows how much time is left. It's on the front page now.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2009, 04:36:40 AM »
Awwww... Frak. I fell behind. I'm only about 1000 words behind but still. I wanted a buffer in the case of technical difficulities or changes in time zones. eg. I didn't want to submit at 11:58 and discover I'm 3 hours late.

Anyway. There's a widget that shows how much time is left. It's on the front page now.

You kept this up nicely!!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2009, 07:25:01 AM »

You kept this up nicely!!

Thanks! It get easier at the end. At the beginning I struggled with how to write someone getting up and leave a office. Yesterday, I just sat down and write out a physical fight using tazers, Krav Maga and a fire poker and it was easier.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2009, 08:38:41 AM »
Glee!!!

Possibly fought the Swine Flu, had the BF get sick as well, and had to deal with trying to move but I did it.

You did it, writer. Pitted against a merciless deadline and battling hordes of distractions—including the most tempting fall TV season that's been unleashed upon novelists in decades—you kept at it. Now you've arrived at a place that very few NaNoWriMo participants ever see: The winner's circle. Overhead, the November sky is bursting with fireworks celebrating your victory, and the entire NaNoWriMo staff joins me in applauding your creative achievement. You did something amazing this month, novelist. We couldn't be prouder.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 10:01:12 AM by Doombot »

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 01:01:55 AM »
Congrats!
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2009, 04:23:42 AM »
Good for you Doom!

*hugs*

well done.
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2009, 07:22:01 PM »
'grats!

Morb

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 08:12:27 PM »
Gratz!

You know, I didn't realize up until now, that anyone can attend this. Oh well, there's always the next year.