Author Topic: Is there a way to find copywritten images on a website?  (Read 1939 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Is there a way to find copywritten images on a website?
« on: February 04, 2010, 01:31:14 AM »
The OLD webmaster liked to grab images from Google image search. The company I'm with just got hit with some fines, so I need to go though the site and find things that could be in violation.

Here's the issue. I need a way to scan the images and see if they're from Getty, Corbis, or Istock. I've been using tineye but it seems somewhat hit or miss. I searched images that I KNEW were from istock (since I bought them but they don't show up).

So right now I'm just going though and if I didn't buy it, I'm just replacing it with another purchased photo. At $.90 a photo it's just cheaper than $1000.00 fines. Besides, I pick better photos anyway. =)

So... any efficient ways to search a site for copyright violations?
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Swash

• Administrator
  • Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Pirate Cap'n
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to find copywritten images on a website?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 10:04:40 AM »
I don't know about efficient, but I once got the job of going through a list of images and checking them against the google image search to see what came up.  Was just a case of "enter file name into google image search, find matched picture, make note of original location, report" so I don't know how useful that'll be in your case.